Teleporting to a New Life


It was late at night and as lonely as it could be. I went to my kitchen balcony and glanced around the neighbourhood. All dark. In that darkness, the tall palm and coconut trees' leaves swayed in the wind, dashing against the tree trunk and each other. The mango tree's leaves were rustling too, producing a soft hiss. Other than that, there was no other sound. No crows were cawing that late, no car horns going off and I couldn't hear the dramatic background track of the late-night news— My loud neighbours were asleep too. As I scanned the streets, I spotted Jacky, a local street dog, he was sleeping peacefully tonight instead of indulging in his gang-related activity. The dim moonlight which was filtering through the thin layer of clouds sprayed a silvery hue all around, which made the whole moment seem even more magical and obscure. It was a very lonely night and though they say that Mumbai is a city which hardly sleeps, right now, no light was oozing out of any window of any high risen building.

The cool breeze gently tousled past my hair and brushed through my cheek. Nights were usually cooler after all the traffic had cleared and consequently, emissions had risen higher up. I was happy that I didn't live on the main road where the ongoing metro construction didn't improve the situation at all. I was little off the main road and sometimes, even my one-way street clogged up due to traffic. Other than that, it stayed peaceful. After pausing at the balcony a while more, I went inside. I was very alert at that moment and the ticking clock only intensified every second. I still had time to sleep and as my pre-sleeping ritual is, I made up my mind to get started—get started with changing worlds.

I turned towards my bedroom, tiptoeing carefully to make sure I didn't wake anyone else up and swung the door behind me. The door vacuumed in some humid air before It was locked, which swirled around me before diffusing in the room. Next? The windows. I shut them too, mosquitoes weren't invited tonight and drew the curtains back over the window, blocking out the concrete jungle beyond. Reaching my nightstand, I pulled my teleporter out from a stack of other books. I was ready to lose myself in a different world again. I was ready to explore other realities and for a while, forget that I even existed. This teleporter was the perfect escape and a perfect tool to induce vivid lucid dreams after going to sleep.

As I set my mobile teleporter up and tuned it to action, the world started blurring all around me. The walls began dissolving, the world came to a screeching halt. Time as we know it ceased to exist. I began melting away like a candle, gradually losing all and any essence that made me who I am. This teleporter is different. It not only teleports you to a different world, but it also teleports you to a different you.

The wind carried away particles of what had been my blanket, my bed, the windows, my night-dress, even me. All the brilliantly coloured particles mingled as if exchanging greetings like friends meeting after a very long time. At this point, any sense of normalcy or even the awareness of so had been wiped out clean. All that mattered was nothing that existed, the material world dissolved.

It is hard to feel this transition, there isn't a particular point in space-time which you can point to and say where the two worlds met, but it does happen somewhere, and in a way that can't be understood or be certain about. You find yourself in a completely different world, full of life and vibrancy. This world is complete and real in every way and in a place that can't be physically accessed from the other world.

Everything that you had to worry about in your previous world no longer worried you here. This world had its own set of challenges, its own set of worries, its own set of things to think about and none of that had anything to do with the life you'd had so far or the life you were planning further ahead. This is a fresh start in a fresh world, where all you should be doing is keep moving ahead because, in the end, everything does make sense and come together.

You learn a lot of things here, take on a lot of adventures, make the impossible possible and experience things that you otherwise wouldn't be able to in your world. The better the teleporter, the better this world and the experiences in it—more the realness and substance to your life in a world in no way connected to yours.

You can laugh, you can love, you can have fun, drink, eat, and do a variety of things, even die without really dying. In a way, it is very similar to dreaming, except that you're wide awake in here and this world is more consistent and logical than the most consistent dream you've had.

Like I said, this teleporter is capable of opening you to new worlds and experiences. However, not everyone can or knows or uses this teleporter. Many don't really know how to teleport and avoid using them altogether, others, aren't aware that these are really teleporters. Whatever the case, these are real and need some practice. To initiate teleportation one needs to be consistent and follow the process carefully and patiently. If you wait for the reward, then you will get the reward with no questions asked.

In the beginning, the process will seem monotone or hard to carry on, but with every little progress you made is progress towards successful teleportation and additionally, you even begin to get better at it—it's a learned skill, but one that is grossly under-estimated and under-exploited. There's an infinite well full of wisdom one can access by using the teleporter but many fail to commit themselves to keep at learning and improving their skills of teleportation. The effort needs to be coming in for a while before the world around you starts to dismantle and dissolve, but once you learn it, there's no turning back. You might even develop an addiction and the good news is, this addiction will benefit you a lot, unlike the conventional addictions which eat you inside-out.

Every night before I sleep, I make sure I read at least a chapter but more often than not, I end of gliding through several others, losing track of time. Coming back to reality is always a dud but then it keeps me grinding the next day to deserve a little round of teleportation again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extravagant Weddings

Habits

Time Travelling is Pointless

Subscribe to The World Within

* indicates required