The Uberman Series Day 6

Today was another of those days I made little to no progress with the routine but learned or incorporated something in that will help me through the adaptation. During the first nap of the day, I was already using a dim light to simulate the dark period and the subsequent wake blocks were better. Yesterday for the first time I was as active and energetic during the 12am - 4 am block than I have been so far. In fact, I looked forward to the graveyard hours with the hope that it would be a different experience today. As I inched closer to and went past the 4 am nap, I still retained my wakefulness. It was relieving. I was happy thinking that I had made some progress. However, in all that happiness, I became careless and began reading in my bed, while leaning against pillows. I equated my wakefulness to the experience during the day time, during which no matter how much I read, I never feel sleepy and, now that I look back, I was overconfident. After the 4 am I may have been reading for about an hour, till 5 am when I fell asleep. The next that I opened my eyes, It was 10 am. I had overslept again, ladies and gentlemen, and this time it was avoidable, had I been more careful. The first thing after waking up I did was made some rules to follow no matter what; a rule not to spend any time on the bed other than for napping, a rule to not sit or lean against pillows during the night time, no matter how doable it seemed and a rule not to take nighttime naps on the bed but on the hard cold floor. Had I been napping on the floor, the nap wouldn't have extended for over an hour. My comfortable bed on the other end makes sleeping an entire day sound like a piece of cake. Hence, a bad idea.

I am still struggling to find some nighttime activities to keep me going through the nighttime wake blocks. The only things that I can ever think of are reading, writing or doing things that require me to be sitting at a place and using my head. I am unable to think of easy and engaging tasks that I can do without them seeming way too boring and repetitive. Like, I have already organized my wardrobe once, do I now start over again? I don't feel tempted to. If you can think of any activities I can do in my room during the nighttime blocks, leave them in the comments or message them to me personally. I am still willing to continue pursuing the Uberman as I still see some promise in it. I still see some form of improvement which convinces to me to keep going. If however, within day 30, I don't see any substantial improvement and I am still oversleeping, there won't be a Day 31 log. I may take a week off or two to recover and then, think about Uberman or switch to an entirely different schedule. At the time of writing this though, I still feel positive regarding this whole experiment but only time will tell.

More in The Uberman Series 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extravagant Weddings

Time Travelling is Pointless

Habits

Subscribe to The World Within

* indicates required