The Uberman Series Day 7

Easy for me to put but difficult to fathom—I've spent 7 days now trying to tame the Uberman and as each progressive day blurs into the next, I have inched closer to uncovering its mysteries. Each and every day is a new challenge, a new lesson and a new test of perseverance all over again and yet those who have that grit to keep going no matter what are the ones who get the holy grail. 

Today I ended up hitting the bullseye for all my naps, in terms of the timing as well as the duration, except for the 4 am nap which I delayed by 5 minutes but anyway wrapped up when I was supposed to. The graveyard hours were a smooth transition and with the night fading away to the day, I could see a new day and a new hope arise within me. Today was a significant step taken towards success and one which I shall build upon with all I have. The overall nap quality was better. I was clearheaded and sober in the morning till the 8 am nap, post which I was a little drowsy and tired but yet in a better place than I have been for the past couple of days. The other naps of the day were better as well, leaving me feeling more refreshed and rested. Am I closer than I believe to conquering the Uberman? There's no knowing that yet but I am better now than just getting started. 

I also implemented another change yesterday—paused working out for a while, I plan to resume again after getting adapted to the routine. I settled on cutting all physical and mental exertion to speed up my adaptation and catch up on the delays introduced due to all the oversleeps. The only thing that matters the most now, is to stay consistent and super strict with the routine and adhere to all the nap times and durations. If I manage to have a similar experience tomorrow then I can safely assume I have overcome the first daunting obstacle—being purely Uberman for two days. After accomplishing that goal, the next one would be to make it to a week in a row, after that I'll be in a better position to claim to be closer to an adaptation. 

Another side note that I wanted to make was regarding the perception of time. All these days I have seen the sun set and rise consequently but I have also had trouble keeping up with the passing days. Because now I witness the days blending in with the nights and being eternally cyclic, it confuses me often to determine whether a particular event took place today or yesterday. On the usual monophasic block, the sleep acts like a bold line which sets one day apart from the next but on a polyphasic, it feels like the day never ends. Whatever that happened before a nap or a few naps ago feels just today's incident. Only after giving it some more thought does it become obvious how the day-night concept works and how often does it mean nothing more than that to us. As much as it is difficult for you to make sense of that, it is difficult for me to express in words the way it feels. 

The best perparation of tomorrow is doing your best today.
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

More in The Uberman Series 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extravagant Weddings

Time Travelling is Pointless

Habits

Subscribe to The World Within

* indicates required